Thankfulness

A friend of mine posted a blog recently with 100 things she is thankful for as this Thanksgiving season is upon us and I was inspired to do the same thing. So here they are, in no particular order!

1. My Lord...His faithfulness, love, and mercies that are new each morning.

2. My dad

3. My teaching job at Trinity

4. Ryan for inspiring this blog and inspiring me every day in general

5. My beautiful 3-legged dog Maggie

6. My new house :-)

7. Sunshine

8. Raspberry Chai

9. My friend Susan who introduced me to raspberry chai and for the awesome friend she is

10. Christopher - my 13 year old cat who is pretty almost blind but still so loving and cuddly

11. My best friend Amy Katherine Paredes

12. Heat in the winter

13. Sugar cookies with no frosting

14. My class parakeet Happy

15. My church family

16. My Grandma Judy who has taught me so much by the way she lives her life

17. The random hugs throughout the week from one of my second graders - Jesse

18. Calli - my calico kitty

19. My pastor John for letting me call him a slacker and expecting nothing but the same from him :-)

20. A car without duct tape

21. Medications

22. Knee high socks

23. Air conditioning in the summer

24. Corn dog hot lunch days at school

25. Laughing 'til it hurts with a good friend

26. My adorable nephew Peyton - his smile and expressiveness bring such joy to my heart

27. climbing into a bed made with fleece sheets in the middle of winter

28. Milk

29. Moving to a house with my own washer and dryer

30. Facebook and the connection it has allowed me to have with friends new and old

31. My sister-in-Christ Marilyn who has the same twisted sense of humor I do!

32. My niece Lilly - her sweet voice and true innocence at life melts my heart

33. Slippers

34. Cereal

35. Getting to hold Cambree Metzler at church and making her sister Brenna giggle :-)

36. The wonderful staff I get to work with every day

37. My laptop

38. Law & Order SVU

39. Being a sexual abuse survivor

40. The day of the year when we change our clocks back an hour

41. DVR

42. Rice Krispie treats

43. Bailey - a special little girl who I have literally watched grow up before my eyes

44. My cousin Dylan who has served our country in Afghanistan

45. My sweet niece Lola - what a beautiful little girl

46. Hi-speed internet

47. My students who let me warm my cold hands on their warm necks

48. The Mondays at school when I don't have to do PE or lunch

49. Chocolate milk

50. Text messaging

51. The way Maggie wraps her paws around my arm while I'm petting her and then crosses them so I can't pull away

52. The forgiveness of God

53. A hot shower first thing in the morning

54. A dad who is willing to do (almost) anything I ask him to :-)

55. Being able to go grocery shopping and not having to keep track of every single penny because I only have a specific amount to spend

56. Pepe's tacos

57. The way Calli breathes so loud I can sometimes hear it over the tv

56. Straightening irons

57. When one student gets a joke I make in class and gives me that special 'I gotcha!' look when no one else is looking

58. The delete key

59. Caramel rolls

60. The path God has taken me on over the past 10+ years - what an adventure

61. A good relish tray at Thanksgiving dinner

62. Those that love and treat me like family even though there are no marital or blood relations

63. Being single :-)

64. The soft fur right by Christopher's ears that I kiss when we cuddle

65. Hot baths

66. Hours spent talking with a good friend about anything and everything

67. Peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches

68. E-mail

69. Alarm clocks

70. Cold water in the middle of the night when I'm really thirsty

71. Living alone :-)

72. The random things my students say that make me laugh

73. My summers doing mission work and the lessons they taught me and the relationships I formed because of them

74. Indoor plumbing

75. Knowing that my dad is only a phone call and a short drive away if I need him

76. The way I crack myself up :-)

77. Paying all my bills and finding I still have money left over

78. A job I LOVE going to each day

79. Fresh pineapple right off the plant that morning

80. The sweet smell of babies

81. Hearing my students laugh a true belly laugh

82. Skype

83. Summer vacations to Dallas

84. Knowing that when I go out to eat or to Walmart with my dad, he always pays :-)

85. Knowing that shadows prove the sunshine

86. Singing at the top of my lungs in my car

87. The Depot's salsa

88. My cousin Dwayne serving our country over in Africa

89. The tender hearts of my students evident in their prayer requests each day

90. The color purple

91. Moonlit Path from Bath & Body Works

92. The beauty of fall

93. The smell of rice

94. Band-aids

95. My sight and hearing

96. Senior Citizen ministry opportunities when my grandma comes to town :-)

97. Cuddling with Maggie under a warm blanket on the couch or in bed

98. Peanut butter cookies

99. The laughter of babies

100. My life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sufficient Grace Among Thorns

100 Things I'm Thankful For

April Thoughts *Trigger Warning*