Prayers for Kate

For awhile now, I've been following this blog about a little girl named Kate McRae. I don't even remember how I first found the blog but I've kept up with it for over a year. You can go to her blog and read her complete story but in a nutshell, Kate is a little girl the same age as my 2nd grade students who, a couple months ago, was diagnosed with cancer in her brain for the second time in her short life. When the cancer recurrence happened, I shared her story with my students and we've prayed for her daily the past several months. We have her picture up in our classroom so she is always in our thoughts. Occasionally one of my students will say, usually out of the blue, "I just know Kate is going to be the first two beat this kind of cancer twice. She's going to be God's miracle." Out of the mouths of babes!

I received an update for Kate's blog tonight and I just feel this urge to share it so that others can also to lift her up before the throne of God. My heart breaks for this precious girl and her family. Please check out the blog if you are interested.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mcraekate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sufficient Grace Among Thorns

100 Things I'm Thankful For

April Thoughts *Trigger Warning*