Be Still

"Be still and know that I am God"  ~ Psalm 46:9

I've heard this verse many times in my faith walk but never has it had as much meaning in my life as it does at this time. Be still and know that I am God. Be still. Be. Still.

When I walked out of Trinity's doors at the end of May, I was convinced God had an amazing plan for my life. I still do, don't get me wrong, but things haven't exactly panned out in the way I hoped. In the way I planned. In Angie's Plan, I would spend the summer dog-sitting and doing various jobs until God placed the perfect full-time job in my path by the time school started at the end of August. Since I started kindergarten as a wee 5 year old, I've lived my life on an academic schedule - working Monday thru Friday from 8 until 3 and taking all major holidays and summer off and I expected that to continue. Well, the last day of August has come and gone and I am still without that dream job I was sure God had coming my way.

Some doors for employment have opened up and I a grateful for them. I accepted a very part-time position at my church as the Children's Church Coordinator. Basically, I am in charge of doing children's church every Sunday. Just a couple months ago I was thinking about how much I miss working with children in church and wanted to do something to change that. I decided to help with VBS and figured that would be my contribution. Then this opportunity came knocking, seemingly out of nowhere, and I knew it was from God. I've worked one Sunday in this new position and I absolutely loved it. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed working with children in church. It's different than teaching them at school and this Sunday reminded me so much of my summers doing mission work where I did VBS and Backyard Bible Clubs for weeks on end. I find such joy in that.

I also placed an ad in the newspaper for pet-sitting and have gotten some new jobs through that. I am on the district's substitute list and praying that will lead to many days of subbing. I have friends who have assured me I will get called, more calls than I can handle in fact, and I am praying that is true.

I am the kind of person who likes a sure thing. I like a dependable income every month, knowing it is going to be enough to pay my bills. I've gone through times in the past where I literally lived paycheck to paycheck where even that check wasn't enough to pay the bills. God always provided and during that time in my life I learned just how dependable He is. Then I began teaching at Trinity and the paycheck I had coming in was more than enough to pay my bills. It was a comfortable way to live and I enjoyed it...very much. Now I'm finding myself back in the position of depending on God for every bill each month and I'd like to say I'm strong enough in my faith that believe without doubt that God will again provide. However, I'm not. While there are some days when I am very confident that God will provide me everything I need, there are days when I really struggle with believing that. My income each month will greatly depend on how many subbing and pet-sitting jobs I get and there are some days that scares the begeebies out of me.

So I'm asking for your prayers. Please pray that there will be ample opportunities to sub and take care of other people's pets or, if that's not God's will, that a full-time job will come along that I would be a perfect fit for. Please pray that I would trust God without a doubt and walk by faith each day. I believe God has placed me in a time of being still and knowing that He is God and it's the 'being still' part that I struggle with.

Angie. Be. Still.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sufficient Grace Among Thorns

100 Things I'm Thankful For

April Thoughts *Trigger Warning*