Here Comes 2018!!

I've never been one to make New Year's resolutions and I'm not about to start now! However, I have been doing some thinking the past few days and have come up with some goals I'd like to set my sights on for 2018. They include...

- finding a new church family. It's been a long time since I was excited about going to church and that needs to change. A fresh start is much needed and I'm excited to see where God leads.

- being more content with where God has placed me as far as my jobs go. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my kiddos and I love their parents so much. I look forward to working each day and I know I am blessed in being able to say that. Sometimes I wonder if said parents think I'm a little odd for loving their little ones as much as I do, but being a single gal without family of my own, they have become my family and I miss them when they're not around. I want to be more content and trusting when it comes to the financial aspect of my jobs. God meets my needs EVERY month and I need to remember that when I don't get as many hours as I'd hoped or unexpected bills come up. I had dinner with some friends before Christmas that I worked with when I was a para at Ashgrove and this was the conversation with one of them:

Friend: Are you still loving your jobs?
Me: Yes, I just wish they paid a little more.
Friend: Well, think about it this way. You could be making more money at your job like I do, but dread it each day like I do.

BAM! Those few words immediately changed my outlook and made me even more thankful that God has allowed me to watch these little ones. God will take care of the finances, I just need to worry less and trust more!

- lose some weight. Enough said.

- be more intentional at guarding my heart. God tells me to do it and I'm not that great at it, especially when it comes to friendships/relationships. I'm the first to admit I tend to pour more into friendships/relationships than the other person and after 36 years, I'm finally tiring of the hurt it can bring. It's hard for me to write this but I am worthy of love, care, and consideration from others.

- continue to pour out my heart, whether in my blog, on Facebook, or in other conversations and not be so caught up in wondering why people don't read and/or comment. If I make it my purpose to glorify God in all I say and write, the results are up to Him and are not necessarily a reflection of me.

- did I mention worry LESS and trust MORE??

Happy New Year friends!! Love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sufficient Grace Among Thorns

100 Things I'm Thankful For

April Thoughts *Trigger Warning*