2019

How can it be 2019 already?? May will mark twenty years since I gave my life to Christ and started on an incredible journey full of valleys, peaks, and indescribable joy! 20 years!! It will also mark 20 years since I graduated from high school. Gulp...I think that means I'm old or well on my way to it?!

As I have reflected on 2018 over the past few days, I have been reminded of how faithful and wonderful my God is. There were many highs and many lows and it seemed to all go by in just the blink of an eye. Why can't time slow down just a smidge? Last year I made some goals for the new year and I took a look back at them this evening...

*finding a new church family*  You guys, I met this goal in a huge way. I began attending Cornerstone Community Church last January and thanks to some sweet women who welcomed me with hug and smiles that first Sunday day, I went back the next and then the next until I knew I had found a new church family. I have never worshipped and been in fellowship with such a God-focused and caring group of people who love the Lord and each other so much! After attending for a few months, I asked to serve in the nursery and was put on a waiting list because they had so many people wanting to help...for real! In attending Bible study on Tuesday mornings, I have found a group of women who love me, encourage me and always welcome me with a smile and a hug. At our Christmas service, where people shared songs, poems and other talents, it felt like a huge family Christmas where everyone was welcome, appreciated, and wanted. I thank God every day for leading me there!

*being more content with where God has placed me as far as my jobs go* There are days I still struggle with this but for the most part, I have found so much joy and contentment in my job watching littles. I was there the day a new little one was born and it has been so fun to watch the others love and accept her as part of our little group. I can't believe I watched the others all turn another year older! My days are certainly busy and sometimes stressful, but mostly they are filled with joy and peace that I'm right where God wants me to be.

*lose some weight* I did lose about 15-20 pounds and want to do better. I am starting a 40 day sugar fast with one of my bosses soon...prayers are coveted!! Sugar is a vice and addiction and I know I need to break free of it.

*be more intentional at guarding my heart* To be honest, I was surprised this was a goal from last year because it's been heavy on my heart recently and I wanted to make it a (first time) goal for this year. I tend to pour my heart into friendships that aren't reciprocated and in the end, leaves me hurt, angry, and confused. I think often of that saying, "People make time for the things that are really important to them," and it's time I'm honest about those that never seem to have any time for me. This is so hard for me because I'm a people pleaser by nature and am willing to hang onto the threads of a friendship, waiting for the bones or scraps they occasionally throw. But like a friend told me years ago, I am worth more than bones in the eyes of my Jesus. I want to be more intentional at believing and living that truth.

*continue to pour out my heart, whether in my blog, on Facebook, or in other conversations and not be so caught up in wondering why people don't read and/or comment. If I make it my purpose to glorify God in all I say and write, the results are up to Him and are not necessarily a reflection of me.* This! So much this! I'm working on writing with the sole intention of pointing others to God!

Bring it on 2019...I am ready!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sufficient Grace Among Thorns

100 Things I'm Thankful For

April Thoughts *Trigger Warning*