100 Things I'm Thankful For

After being inspired by a friend's list, I've been writing out a list of 100 things I'm thankful for every year for almost fifteen years now! This year though, if I'm honest, I've been tempted to just skip it. I've been walking through several weeks of fighting off depression and telling Satan through gritted teeth, almost daily, that he's not going to win. So this year, I wanted to just write a simple 'I am thankful for my many blessings' and be done with it. Sitting and writing out 100 things can be pretty tedious, especially when you get into the 60s and start to lost steam! But to sit and think about 100 things I am thankful for requires a bit of reflection, honesty, and a whole lot of intentionality, which is never a bad thing So, in no particular order, here we go...


1. The hope and joy I have that comes from a relationship with my Jesus. The longer I live and the more people I meet and interact with, the more aware I am that true joy can only come from Him
2. The first snow - even though we're supposed to get 382 inches of snow today and tomorrow, it is the first snow of the season, and it is pretty and peaceful
3. The last snow 😊
4. My dad - on his way down as I type to spend the day relaxing and eating good food. Even though he can't go to Walmart with my going along to be his calming goat, he's a pretty good egg and does so much for me
5. My brothers - I don't have a close relationship with either of them, but I pray one day that will change
6. My sister-in-law Kris - I'm so glad my big brother married someone as witty and sarcastic as me who fully supports and encourages my slight book addiction
7. Lilly O - how my niece is 16 already is beyond me. Even though we usually only see each other once a year, I pray she knows I will always be here for her
8. My sister-in-law Celia and my nephew Charlee - praying one day we can be closer
9. Dusty Grace - this sweet, obsessed-with-playing-fetch girl will always have my heart. Please note that if you come visit, despite what she tells you or the fact that she lays all over you, she is NOT neglected and gets plenty of love and attention from her mama
10. Katy Joy - although a tad needy, this girl is my shadow and assures me I will never have to pee alone
11. Bruce Jenner - hard to believe this handsome boy is 9. He's always up for some pets and tries so hard to be patient with the antics of number 12
12. Walter - this fluffy boy always keeps me on my toes and makes me laugh. He's obsessed with people food and loves kiddos more than his mama but I think I'll keep him
13. Heat in the winter and AC in the summer
14. My job - I absolutely LOVE working at Aspen with some of the best kiddos and educators ever! I look forward to each day there and pray it's never lost on me that I get to invest in the lives of so many little ones
15. Ryan Joe - officially my first llama before I even thought of starting a herd. I love that this 12-year-old still calls me Eegee and isn't too cool to hang out with me
16. This big and beautiful house I get to live in
17. Warm flannel sheets in the winter and pudding sheets in the summer
18. Eowyn - this girl is all arms and legs these days and altogether too grown up. She is learning so much in school and always has great questions and opinions on how this crazy world should be run
19. Lizzie - obsessed with all things beautiful and sparkly, I love her view on this world and pray she never, ever loses the awe and wonder she shares with all of us every day
20. Nora - the life of every party, and most every-day events! She lives life with an enthusiasm, energy, and self-confidence that makes all who know her smile
21. Cindy - God sure blessed me with her friendship. My ride or die when it comes to all things true crime, I love that we can text about any and all things in life and that when we meet for coffee and breakfast bagels, we laugh and cry and solve all the world's problems
22. Daisy - my trusty Jeep. She's getting older and may not be long for this world, but she's a champ and powers on through every adventure big or small
23. My Grandma Judy - such a great source of encouragement and all things Lutheran, she will never know how much of a blessing she is
24. Iced coffee - even when it's -40 below outside!
25. The hummingbirds that come every summer
26. Kristen - despite being incredibly intimidated by her when we first met, her friendship is one of my favorites. When we get together, we laugh and we cry and we talk about the most random and best things. I love that she loves me for me.
27. Russell - one of the most loving husbands and attentive dads I have ever known! I love to watch him with his kiddos!
28. Theo - an amazing big brother to two of the sassiest and busiest sisters ever! He's got a unique perspective on the world and I love the questions he comes up with
29. Pheobe - this cuddle bug with sass and a big smile is so good for my heart! She's a girl who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to let everyone know
30. Charlotte - the more serious and ninja-like of the dynamic duo that is the Lockyear twins is always up to something and has the sweetest smile and voice
31. Indoor plumbing
32. Depot chips and salsa
33. My Cornerstone family - being a part of one of the most loving and supportive churches I have ever been to is such a huge blessing in my life. Sunday mornings are my favorite!
34. Sue and Joanie - two Christian women I want to be like when I grow up! In spite of losing their husbands this year, they never took their eyes off Jesus and their faith never waivered. Their love and encouragement touch so many lives and I am honored to be among them
35. Thunderstorms
36. Daisies
37. Living in America - I will never know why God chose my time and place to be here and now, but I will never stop being thankful
38. Eating at Mi Amigos for our first meal every time we go visit my brother in Arizona
39. Air popped popcorn dipped in everything bagel hummus
40. Hazel - I so admire her straightforward approach to life and how she always encourages me, and others, to stand up for themselves. She sees and meets the needs that others tend to overlook and her laugh always makes me smile
41. Tyler - Even though he criticizes my parking and gives me a hard time more often than not, he's got one of the biggest hearts around! I love his excitement for sharing God's Word when he preaches and watching him pour into the lives of kiddos. In spite of what others may say, he's a pretty good guy
42. Gage - although he's growing up so fast, he's always got a hug for me and is eager to share his latest bit of knowledge. He's got a big smile and a big heart and I can't wait to see what he does in this world
43. Ainsley - she's growing up to be such a beauty, inside and out! Hanging out with her is always so fun and her optimistic and cheerful take on the world is so refreshing.
44. Drake - this almost 7-year-old is ALL boy and lives life to the fullest! I love his smile - both when it's endearing and when it's mischievous and I never know what crazy comment or idea will come out of his mouth!
45. Our chickens! Watching them run always makes me laugh and their eggs are sure tasty!
46. Grandma Judy's molasses cookies
47. The convenience and ability to wash clothes and dishes
48. Jigsaw puzzles - the harder, the better!
49. Turkey - my favorite white meat
50. Wearing flip-flops at Christmas in Arizona
51. Michael - in true Angie fashion, I forgot about him when thinking about his sisters! I love to make him laugh and it's so fun to watch him give his big sisters a run for their money!
52. Iced pumpkin chai with homemade pumpkin from Roasted Bean - it's a good thing they only make them once a year or I'd be living in the poor house!
53. A Charlie Brown Christmas
54. A good book that makes you want to ignore everything and everyone else
55. My pastor, Ian - I've always known him to be humble and kind but as we've watched our new church building come to completion this year, I've seen him be even more so. He never takes credit for the amazing things God is doing in and through our church, but always gives all glory and honor to God. He's a good listener, always encouraging, speaks the hard things with love, and has a great sense of humor. We are lucky to have him as our shepherd!
56. The hot air balloon rally every summer
57. Charli - I am so thankful to still be a part of this little one's life! She's growing so fast and learning so many things. I can't wait to watch her become a big sister next spring!!
58. All the mamas of my llamas - Rachel, Kristen, Cassey, and Ellen, I love watching them be mamas and I have learned so much from all of them!!
59. Karen - such a godly woman that God has given to fill in the mom-gap in my life. Our schedules don't let us get together too often but I know she's always got my back!
60. A snow blower to use in the winter and a riding mower in the summer
61. A new yummy Indian restaurant in town
62. Atley - I only got to keep this llama for a few months but every day with her was so fun! She's smart as a whip and so funny, with more energy than I could only ever hope to have!
63. Lyla - my littlest llama to date but it was so neat to watch her change and grow. She was always the main attraction (well, along with Walter) and she sure loved watching all the big kids play!
64. Fishing in the mountains
65. Jamie and Sheryl - the faces that welcome everyone to Aspen each day. They listen to all my crazy stories and ideas and I'm so thankful Jamie is patient in answering the millions of questions I ask!
66. Sheryl E - Chinese food and conversation are always a good time
67. Raspberry chai
68. Marilyn - an old friend and a good one! We don't see each other often but I love knowing she's close and watching her raise her kiddos. I kinda want to be like her when I grow up!
69. ER - my go-to tv show
70. Sloths
71. Being able to share my abuse story with others and hearing stories of how it has helped or encouraged them
72. Half Priced Books
73. Listening to Kristen play the piano
74. Health insurance
75. Hot baths
76. My Ryan's mom Kristen. Although it's not often, I love getting to catch up with her and I love how accommodating she is when Ryan and I want to hang out!
77. Depot dates with Kayleigh
78. Leah - so thankful for her love and encouragement across the miles. I'll always wish she lived closer!!
79. Pet/housesitting jobs - although I have cut way back on the jobs I take, I am thankful for those that still ask for my help and the extra income they bring, often unexpectedly and just when I need it most
80. Rick and Echo - they always make me, and everyone they know, feel so loved and welcome
81. Krista - I'm not sure what the nursery director from church was thinking when she put Krista and I together to serve in the nursery awhile back, but I'm so glad she did! I appreciate that we have the same sarcastic sense of humor and I love her big heart and her honest 'what you see is what you get' approach to friendship. I also love that when she makes Shepherd's Pie for her family, she always makes an extra pan for me!
82. Flip-flops
83. My Bible - I often take for granted that I have multiple copies on my bookshelf, within easy reach whenever I need one, when there are so many believers in the world don't have even one copy of their own.
84. Lacey - what a genuine and encouraging friend she is! Plus, she gives the best, most cozy hugs!!
85. Looking for petrified wood in the mountains
86. Moonlit Path from Bath & Body Works
87. Liz - we haven't been friends for very long but I love her enthusiasm and joy for life and her family. Her perseverance and tenacity over the past several months has been such an inspiration to me!
88. Waking up to find all my pets sleeping on the bed
89. The Ladies of the Round Table
90. Joy - I am so thankful to have this friend of mine working in the same school as me this year, and her ability to teach music to small children and enjoy constantly amazes me! She has a quiet strength about her and is always so encouraging
91. Baking
92. Megan - never thought she was the one classmate from high school I would still be friends with but she's steady and encouraging and always just a message away
93. Trailhead burgers
94. Living in Wyoming - I don't know that I could ever live anywhere else
95. The smell of rice - cooked or raw
96. Fresh squeezed lemonade
97. Bruce Jenner's paw resting on my leg as I type this
98. Soft pants
99. Jess - this hard working farmer's wife is one of my favorite people to do life with
100. This life God has given me - even on the hard days, I'm still incredibly blessed

Comments

  1. We are honored to be included in a blessings list! What a privilege! We love you, Angie! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sufficient Grace Among Thorns

April Thoughts *Trigger Warning*