Some Answers

"This I declare of the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God, and I am trusting Him." ~ Psalm 91:4

After a long, busy week, I believe I've found some answers and taken my first steps down this new path of my life. At the insistence of my grandma (thanks GJ!) I made an appointment with my doctor this week to rule out any biological reasons for my recent depression, and although going to the appointment was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life, I am so thankful God gave me the courage and strength to walk through those doors.

I am blessed to have a wonderful, caring Christian doctor. God brought her into my life 5 years ago when I had to have major surgery for endometriosis. She's very thorough and has such a positive outlook and approach to life. We talked for a long time about the things I am struggling with and I shared with her things I've never spoken out loud before. She asked a lot of questions, walked me through a lot of things, and even played 'devil's advocate' to help me work through some of my fears and resistance. By the end of the appointment we had decided on some things to try and made another appointment in a couple of weeks for a follow-up. She also did some blood work, which all came back normal as I suspected it would.

I continue to have the love and support of some very amazing and special friends. They have prayed with me, talked with me, listened to me, and provide much needed encouragement and support. They continue to make this difficult journey a little easier to walk and I am so thankful for them. I continue to trust in God for His direction and guidance in these new days and I am thankful for the never-ending love and grace He showers on me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sufficient Grace Among Thorns

100 Things I'm Thankful For

April Thoughts *Trigger Warning*