Christmas Letter 2009

Well, another year has come and gone and I’m still wondering where the time went! God has been faithful beyond anything I have deserved this past year and I have loved watching Him at work.

I am teaching 2nd grade at Trinity Lutheran School for the second year and my class consists of 5 boys. Yep, I said boys! It has been a wonderful experience, completely different from last year’s class but a great adventure in itself. They ask great questions and are always saying or doing something to keep me on my toes! I love the many opportunities I get each day to share Christ with them and bring Him into the classroom. I continue to enjoy working with my co-workers at Trinity, they have become my family over the past 5 years and it’s been such a blessing to be a part of God’s work in that school.

Because of my teaching contract, I was able to take this last summer off and not work at all and boy, did I love it! Besides the daily opportunities to sleep in and be as lazy as the day would allow, it was a wonderful opportunity for me to spend some quality time with friends. I was able to go to Dallas to see my friend Amy and be there as her little boy Peyton turned two. While I’ not quite sure this summer will bring the same luxuries, I’m excited to see what God has in store!

This year I received a wonderful and unexpected gift from God – a dog! I’ve wanted a dog of my own for the past few years but my living arrangements never provided the opportunity. Then last February, one of my students brought in a dog for show-and-tell and for me, it was love at first sight! Maggie is a 3 legged border collie whose previous owners decided they didn’t want her after her leg had to be amputated. She was caught in a coyote trap for 3 days last winter and my student’s mom was the vet who did Maggie’s amputation. When he announced that Maggie was a foster dog who needed a home, I began having a pretty serious conversation with God! Once I cleared it with my landlord, I took her over a long weekend for a ‘trial period’ and the rest is history! She is such a faithful and loving dog and has brought me many smiles over the past several months. I still have my two cats, Christopher and Calli, and we are a happy little family!

Another blessing came this September in the form of a new car! I became the proud owner of a 2002 Ford Focus complete with A/C, cruise control, heated seats, and many other features I had only ever dreamed about! I truly feel like I’m living the high life driving it around!

As I take the time to reflect on the past year, I can’t help but be amazed and overwhelmed at the awesomeness of our God. It is His birthday we celebrate this month and I can only pray my life and service to Him are as gracious of a gift as He gave me in His death on the cross. Happy birthday Jesus and Merry Christmas to you, my friends!

Comments

  1. It's a delight to see your faith grow in our Provider, Father, and many other awesome traits only He is able to have. The other day an older and wise man reminded me of the eternal words that say, "The Just shall live by faith." The more I think about life I believe it's God's goal for us to grow in trusting Him. So, when He gives we praise Him and He we suffer a lack of anything, we praise Him still. Thank for helping people with your journey, it's encouraging for sure. Guided new year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sufficient Grace Among Thorns

100 Things I'm Thankful For

April Thoughts *Trigger Warning*