Faith Like A Child

The Bible has a lot to say about faith. I expect it would. :-) I especially love the verses in Matthew 18 that talk about the way society is to value children and how the faith of little ones matters so much to Him. Last night as I was driving Ryan home after taking him out to dinner while his mom and dad had a date night, I was struck by his faith in those around him and it has made me examine my faith in God in a new light.

Ryan doesn't have a care in the world. Seriously. When he goes to bed at night, he sleeps soundly, trusting that his mom and dad love him. When he wakes up in the morning, or from nap time, he trusts someone will come get him out of his crib. When his diaper needs changing, he trusts someone will do it. When he's hungry, he trusts someone will get him a snack or fix him a meal. When someone puts a plate in front of him, he trusts that the food is healthy and yummy, not something that will make him sick or hurt him. When he's thirsty and needs a 'cup', he trusts someone will get him something to drink. When he's in the car, he sits in his seat singing a long to his praise CD, trusting that the person that is driving will get him safely wherever they are going. He trusts these things, he KNOWS someone will take care of him and meet all his needs.

Oh that I would have such faith in my God. Simple, child-like faith. That I would trust that if I lose my job in the coming weeks, He has a plan for me. That I would trust that the deep hurts in my heart would be healed solely by Him. That I would believe He has only my best in mind and would never do anything to hurt me. That I would know His plans for me are only good. That I would trust that I am here on this earth for a reason and a purpose, even if only He knows what that is. That I would KNOW He will meet my every need and never leave or forsake me.

That I would have the faith of a child.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sufficient Grace Among Thorns

100 Things I'm Thankful For

April Thoughts *Trigger Warning*