The End of a Chapter

Exactly 5 years ago this week, I started watching a 7 month old in my home. What I had believed was my dream job had fallen through and a friend who had been watching her was moving away. I called the mom and offered to watch her until, and I didn't say this to her, something better came along. God laughed, that little girl stole my heart, and my llama wrangling days began! Shortly after that little girl turned one, I added three more llamas from other family to the herd and though my days were busy and crazy, I loved every minute of them. Around that time, I got a phone call and a job offer that only a handful of months earlier would have sounded an awful lot like that better job I was waiting to come along. I had absolutely no regrets when I turned it down and I realized I was already had my dream job!

A lot has changed over these past 5 years. My starter llama is now a big sister twice over and both new llamas have added much joy and laughter to my days. The job with the three llamas mentioned above lasted a couple of years but ended because of Covid and since then, other llamas have joined and left the herd, but I have consistently watched the three sisters full-time. 

All of that will end at the end of this month as their mama has made the decision to quit her job and stay home with them. It was a very difficult decision for her to make but I am so happy she will get to spend more time with the girls! They really are so much fun. I can't begin to described how much I have loved watching the three of them grow. From crawling to walking, diapers to potty training, and indecipherable first grunts to full on sentences, they have been such a huge part of my life. It is a very bittersweet time, and the tears come unexpectedly, but I have no doubt they will do amazing things in this crazy world and I can't wait to watch!

So, what's next for me? I've started the (long, tedious and slightly ridiculous) process of becoming certified to sub. My hope is to sub a few days a week and watch llamas on the other days. Because none of us could handle a cold turkey approach to not watching the sister llamas at all anymore, their mom has graciously offered to let me still hang out with them some. There is another llama that joined the herd about a year ago that I definitely want to keep hanging out with as well. And for those who are wondering, no, I won't have to move out of the house I am living in. 😊

If you think of it, please say a prayer for me during the next several weeks. Bittersweet doesn't even begin to describe this transition but I wouldn't trade the past five years for anything.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sufficient Grace Among Thorns

100 Things I'm Thankful For

April Thoughts *Trigger Warning*