Out of the Mouths of Babes

Here are a couple of stories from school the past couple of weeks, enjoy!!

*Last Friday the kindergarten teacher needed to borrow my overhead projector in the afternoon. So after I used it for my math lesson, I carried it over to the building where her classroom is. I walked holding the projector in my arms and one of the students said, "Oooh, a camera!"  Talk about a big camera!!

*Today during math, I got out the play money to use during our lesson. All of my students (all 6 of them boys!) started talking about how much they love money and how wonderful it is. All of a sudden, Ridge pipes up.

"You shouldn't love money," he states very matter-of-factly. Now, Ridge is one of the 'leaders' of my class and when he talks, everyone listens.

"Why shouldn't we love money?" the others started asking.

"Because it's like the devil," he says very pointedly.

All the other boys get these strange looks on their faces and ask how money is like the devil.

"Because it steals your soul," he says, again, very matter-of-factly.

At this point, I couldn't help but laugh at the scene playing out in front of me and I asked Ridge where he had heard that.

"I came up with it myself. Is it right?" he asks?

So I told the class about the verse in the Bible that says the love of money is the root of all evil and that if you start to love it more than you love God, it can become like the devil. The boys all nodded their heads in understanding and we continued on with the math lesson.

It all goes to show that you never know what will come next in a class full of 2nd grade boys!! Oh, how I love them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sufficient Grace Among Thorns

100 Things I'm Thankful For

April Thoughts *Trigger Warning*