100 Things For 2020

In this crazy unprecedented year full of firsts and all kinds of twist and turns, here is my list of 100 thing I am thankful for!!

1) My Jesus - the journey He has taken me on this year has been one I never would have chosen for myself, but His faithfulness and unending love has carried me through

2) Dusty Grace - my sweet pup, laying beside me as I type

3) Bruce Jenner - asleep on the couch to my left as I type

4) Lola - sleeping on the heating vent at my feet as I type

5) My dad - always willing to help me out and loves my llamas so well

6) Eowyn - my oldest llama who has an imagination like no other, always keeps me laughing, and is going to change this world in ways I can't wait to watch

7) Lizzy - the middle llama, full of drama! This girl has my heart in her chubby little fist and always keeps me on my toes. Her take on this crazy world always makes me smile

8) Nora - Little Norie Noodle, who smiles like crazy and is so over the moon with her big sisters. I can't wait to watch her grow

9) Rachel - the llama mama who trusts her little ones with me every day and has become a good friend along the way

10) Robbi - the original keeper of my oldest llama and one of my greatest friends. Why does Kearney, Not Nebraska, have to be so far away?

11) Lilly Opal - my beautiful niece! Love this Jelly Bean to the moon and back

12) My brothers - although they give me a hard time more than not, they are family and I love them

13) Grandma Judy - for her listening ears, her kind heart, and the wise advice she always has to share. Oh, and the way she spews naughty words when she's frustrated!

14) Cornerstone - my church family is the most loving and kind you'll ever meet. I've never been in a church where it felt so much like family

15) My book - the journey I have been on the past 6 months has taken me places I never would have wandered into myself. I am this close to being finished and ready to submit for publishing!

16) Leah - grandma to my llamas, mother-in-law to my llama's mama, and an incredible gift from God to me. She listens and loves without judgement, she doesn't try to 'fix' me, is quick to laugh, and gives the best advice that always points me back to God. I love her so!

17) Lucy - Oh Lucy! My trustworth, full of quirks and annoyances Jeep. She is faithful to get me and the llamas from point A to point B consistently

18) Kathy - this mama of five boys has taken me under her wing and loved me like a daughter. She is, without a doubt, one of the strongest women I know and she is the epitome of a woman after God's own heart

19) Depot Chips and Salsa

20) Central air in the summer and heating in the winter

21) The amazing answer to prayer God is working in my life that I can't wait to share very soon

22) My petsitting clients who trust me with their fur babies when they go out of town

23) Karen - Another stand-in-the-gap mama who has the greatest gift of encouragement. She gets me in some of the hard places in my life that no one else ever has, and is able to love and support me in a way no one else ever has. Love her oodles!

24) Rick and Echo - the two best greeters in the world! Seeing their smiling faces and getting their warm hugs help make Sunday mornings at Cornerstone so wonderful

25) Kris - my amazing sister-in-law! I love to laugh with her, share good books with her and she is always there with my random pet questions. Love her!

26) Playdates - my llamas have the best friends ever! We love to play with Nadia and Clara, Lainey, Tate and Tinley, the Jordans, the Cox boys, and all the fun friends we meet at the park

27) Ian - my pastor. He really is the best. His no-nonsense, practical, faith-filled, humorous approach to life is what makes him the best. I have stood in awe as he has led his flock through this past year, including this wayward sheep, and the love he shows for all of us is top notch.

28) Facebook that allows me to keep up with friends from all corners of the globe - literally

29) Cindy - truly one of the most fun friends I have ever had. I love our coffee dates, puppy playdates, kid playdates, and everything in between. Conversations with her are the best and I always, ALWAYS walk away with a smile on my face and one in my heart. Love her BIG!

30) Warm showers and bubble baths

31) Hazel - I will never stop being in awe of the way God moved me out of my own way so she could become my boss, and more importantly, my friend. I miss seeing her in the mad scramble to get kids ready for school and out the door but I am so thankful our friendship remains! Making her laugh is one of my favorite things in the world, and I love the way she sees people and loves them in ways others don't always think of. She makes me want to shine brighter for Jesus!

32) Tyler - Watching him work with kids makes my heart smile so big. He has this amazing gift of making each child feel as though they matter and they walk away from their time with him knowing they are loved. I love to watch him be a dad and a husband and my life is better for knowing him!

33) Gage - how he is 8 is beyond me! I love his thirst for knowledge and his goofy side that is so quick to laugh. 

34) Ainsley - Such a happy girl with a smile on her face and a twinkle in her eye! I refer to her as the Chicken Whisperer and I love her imagination and sense of adventure!

35) Drake - My little Wumpy is 4! He is 100% boy through and through and yet has a tender and sweet side that always makes me smile

36) Sloths - my spirit animal in every way

37) The new friends I have gotten to know better this year - Jess, Joy, Kayleigh - I'm looking forward to many more playdates and adventures!

38) My niece Lilly and I's Annual Girls Day every Christmas

39) Mississippi Pot Roast

40) Books - not a bad addiction to have, all things considered

41) The way people have stepped up to help meet my financial and physical needs this last year as the pandemic took away petsitting and babysitting jobs

42) Mi Amigos

43) Ryan Joe - so glad we still get to hang out sometimes

44) The hot air balloon rally in July

45) My Tuesday Morning Bible study - I love the women there so much, it is like being surrounded by a bunch of mamas and grandmas in the faith

46) Joannie - one of the sweetest women in the faith I have ever known and always so quick to encourage and love me

47) All the events - good and bad - in my life that have made me into the person I am today

48) Ryan - the one who gave me the idea for this list and a friend I miss dearly!

49) Playing ball with Dusty

50) Raspberry Chai from Mudd Espresso

51) The many times a day my llamas make me laugh

52) The prayer group who has encouraged and lifted me up since I started getting serious about publishing a book

53) Kristen and Theo - my favorite Thai food buddies

54) The first snowfall of the season

55) The last snowfall of the season

56) The First 5 Bible App - it has helped me become much more consistent with a morning quiet time

57) Emily - the friend who told me about First 5 and has always been a great encourager in my faith

58) The obedience of those in my life who make me want to lean a little more into my Jesus and the plans He has for me

59) Fresh peaches

60) Sleeping with the windows open in the summer

61) Krista - my favorite person to serve in the nursery with! We have such great conversations and many laughs when it's our turn with the little ones

62) The squirrel I saw climbing a stop sign with an entire waffle in it's mouth yesterday that made me giggle

63) The invention of eyeglasses that helps me to see

64) Cool summer mornings watching my llamas play outside in the water table and sand box

65) Warm coats, gloves and hats

66) FLIP-FLOPS

67) Sheryl - always friends!

68) Iced toffee nut lattes with hazelnut soft espresso from Pony

68) Friends from my years at Trinity - Marilyn, Lea, the Talbotts, Shyllis - who have become family

69) Indoor plumbing

70) The foam off a hot raspberry mocha from Starbucks

71) My Grandma Judy's molasses cookies

72) Music - always such a source of healing and encouragement for me

73) The Lion King

74) Cruise control

75) My Bible - so many believers around the world don't have their own copy of God's Word and I so often take for granted how quickly I can grab mine or look something up online

76) Miss Pat - may I always be as bold to praise God as this wonderful woman does! She never fails to give God ALL the glory He deserves and she's a fellow rebel rouser as well! Love her cute little self!!

77) Naps

78) Lunch and coffee dates with good friends

79) Thanksgiving dinner at church

80) Fishing

81) When my dad makes pizza

82) Breakfasts at Trailhead with Beckie - one of my favorite weekly traditions with one of my favorite people

83) Spicy Hoola pizza at Perrett's

84) Turtles - both the chocolate/pecan/caramel and the hard shelled varieties

85) The little ones in the nursery. This year those that were in there when I first started going to Cornerstone have aged out and I love the little one coming up behind and following in their footsteps

86) Pork Chops

87) Morning walks with Cori in the summer - we make the best codependent walking friends ever!

88) Rain

89) Curling up on the couch to watch tv in the evenings with a soft blanket and Dusty cuddled up right behind my knees

90) Camping

91) Saturday morning coffee dates

92) Unexpected blessings that come when I least expect them

93) Those older and wiser saints in the faith who pray for me daily and encourage me when I struggle

94) A job I love

95) Butterfinger Jingle Bells at Christmas

96) Amazon Prime

97) The long days of sunlight in summer

98) Toilet paper - after 2020, I really am thankful for an abundance of this helpful household item

99) Friends from high school and college who still keep in touch - Megan, Shannon, Mr. Mecca, Dayna, Heather

100) Chicken Verde Enchiladas from The Depot and a smiling Mary who always greets me when I walk in

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sufficient Grace Among Thorns

100 Things I'm Thankful For

April Thoughts *Trigger Warning*