Introducing Maggie!

I've always known there were two things I wanted when I 'grew up' - a porch swing and a dog. Well, it seems God found it time that I be at least half-way grown up, as He has blessed me with a wonderful three legged border collie named Maggie!



God brought Maggie into my life the same way He brought Calli (my 2nd cat) into my world - through a student at school. One of my students had his mom bring in a dog for show-and-tell and when I saw his mom and opened the door, I came face to face with the cutest little dog I had ever seen! I'm totally a dog person and I've rarely met a dog I didn't like, and I can honestly say it was love at first sight! My student got up and told us the story of Maggie's life. She had gotten her hind left foot caught in a coyote trap and was stuck in it for almost three days and the leg had to be amputated. His mom (who is a vet and amputated the leg) told the kids that Maggie didn't let the fact that she only had three legs stop her from doing all the normal things any other dog does. Then she said that Maggie was their foster dog and so if any of my students knew of a family that wanted a dog, she was available. As soon as she said those words, I almost started crying, I wanted her Maggie so bad! The rest of the students took turns petting her and then the mom took her and left. It was the end of the school day so as I was leading the kids through our normal end of the day routine, I kept thinking, "I want that dog!" I finally just told God, "Lord, you know how much I want that dog. Please either open the doors for me to have her or close them in such a way I will know it's not even an option." I knew the first thing I had to do was call my landlord to see if I could even have a dog. I had paid an extra deposit to have my two cats and I didn't know if that would cover a dog. Well, it did and the rest is history!



I picked Maggie up last Sunday afternoon on a trial basis but knew by Monday that she was a keeper! She is so sweet and loyal and very loving. She's a little timid when it comes to meeting new people, but she is a very well-behaved and mellow dog. We were meant to be together!

Comments

  1. Was Amy the one that brought the dog in? I'm so glad that Maggie is part of your family now! What a precious thing to adopt an animal! I'm proud of you, and grateful there are folks out there to rescue in-need animals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was Amy. Her son Price is in my class. Maggie is a wonderful dog, I am so glad she's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute. I love border collies. They are so smart. I am happy for you, dogs are great companions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sufficient Grace Among Thorns

100 Things I'm Thankful For

April Thoughts *Trigger Warning*