Where Do I Go From Here???

Hello faithful readers, all two or three of you! :) As you may know, I've been trying for the past few years to write some sort of book about my abuse experience. I have always believed God wants me to use the hurts from my past to give Him glory as well as encourage others who have been through similar experiences. When I was in college, I was very outspoken about overcoming my abuse - speaking on panels, to classes, to training workshops, telling my story to the newspaper, etc. Similar opportunities have not come my way in the past several years, so I thought perhaps writing would be a new avenue of getting my story out there.

My struggle is this: Every time I have tried to write, I get to a certain point and then I get stuck. I have no problems writing out my story but after that, I kind of draw a blank and wonder, "Now what?" So, here's where I need your help. Chances are you know someone (other than me) who has been sexually abused, probably more than one person. Maybe it's a sibling, a spouse, a friend, or even yourself. My questions is: if you were to pick up a book about helping someone overcome sexual abuse, what would you want to know? What questions would you have? What would be helpful to you in your quest to help a survivor you know? I'm just really stuck and needing some ideas of what to write. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sufficient Grace Among Thorns

100 Things I'm Thankful For

April Thoughts *Trigger Warning*