The Church Search

I am currently in the process of trying to find a new church. I have gone to First Baptist here in Riverton for almost the last 3 years and I don't believe the experiences I've had there are what a church family is supposed to be. Sometimes I question myself and wonder if I'm making this decision too rashly but I was going through some old prayer journals today and found that several months ago, I was struggling with things going on at church and I realized that God has been speaking to me about this for awhile now.

Sometimes I think my expectations are too high when it comes to what a church family should be, but I honestly think today's churches fall so incredibly short of what Jesus intended. I know that it's because we live in such a fallen and sinful world, but I still desire something more than what I've gotten at FB. So I am trying different churches as I pray about where God would have me to be.

This process of finding a new church is a little more stressful than I would like to admit. Meeting new people is hard for me at times as I'm a reserved and quiet person until I get to know people. The idea of going to a new church on a Sunday morning full of people I don't know is a bit overwhelming. But, I know I've got to just buck up and do it and I'm praying that God will show me when I've found the church family He would have me be a part of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sufficient Grace Among Thorns

100 Things I'm Thankful For

April Thoughts *Trigger Warning*