When I Was a Little Girl

When I first began the healing journey almost 10 years ago, God gave me the amazing ability to write poetry as a way of getting my thoughts out. This is one of my favorites, and the first one I ever wrote.

When I Was a Little Girl


 


 


When I was a little girl, I wanted to be loved.


But you loved me in all the wrong ways and now I don't want to be loved anymore.


 


When I was a little girl, I wanted to be held.


But you held me inappropriately and now I don't want to be held anymore.


 


When I was a little girl, I wanted to be needed.


But you needed me for your perverse pleasures and now I don't want to be needed anymore.


 


When I was a little girl, I thought I was pretty.


But you used me in ways that made me feel ugly and dirty and now I don't think I'm pretty anymore.


 


When I was a little girl, I wanted to be special.


But your way of making feel special was to hurt me and now I don't want to be special anymore.


 


When I was a little girl, I wanted to get married when I grew up.


But you left me afraid of men and now I don't want to get married anymore.


 


When I was a little girl, I wanted to be myself.


But you took away my sense of identity and now I don't want to be myself anymore.


 


When I was a little girl, I didn't want to be hurt.


But you hurt me and now I miss that little girl I never got the chance to be.

Comments

  1. WOW!! That was so great! I am so glad you found a way to express yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously brought tears to my eyes. It is such a tragically beautiful piece. I admire your courage, and your beauty - because you are beautiful Ang. You are.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sufficient Grace Among Thorns

100 Things I'm Thankful For

April Thoughts *Trigger Warning*